Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 6

Well... I have to say (and I am sorry to be a spoil sport) but i found the tasks for 13 and 14 really dull. I think that technorati and del.icio.us are both sites that you would need to spend a bit of time at to find something unique and interesting. Also perhaps I dont 'surf' around enough but I dont have any problems finding what I need/like and more organising I just find creates clutter... Anyway maybe Im just in a bad mood this week and unimpressed, I will probably try to give it another go.
However I did find the information from task 15 really interesting. I loved the 'Away from the icebergs'' article. It is so true about the 'just in case' collection, this also applies to book stores as well as on the spot printing for books is not too far away (i believe that New York library has a print on order book machine - but dont quote me on that). I also thought that the article 'To a temporary place in time...' raised some important points on the communal side of libraries. The community service aspect is often forgotten in discussions on the future of digital technology.
Hmmm... Still thinking... and learning...

No comments: